The Pennsylvania Information Management System (PIMS) is a statewide longitudinal data system for the collection and reporting of unit-level educational data. PIMS was developed with the purpose of:
- Allowing the Pennsylvania Department of Education (PDE) to meet federal and state reporting
- Streamlining the reporting processes from educational institutions to PDE and the U.S. Department of Education
- Reporting timely and accurate education data through standardized and ad hoc reporting capabilities;
- Improving educational decision-making through the use of high quality data and decision support tools; and,
- Providing longitudinal data on educational progress over time.
Act 24 of 2011 authorizes PDE to collect unit-level data that are mandated by state or federal statute or regulation from postsecondary institutions. PDE is collecting data elements necessary to meet the following reporting requirements:
- Reporting required for the Pennsylvania Community College Annual Report;
- Reporting required for the Pennsylvania Transfer and Articulation System; and,
- Reporting required as a result of receiving State Fiscal Stabilization Fund monies from the federal government.
That's where Level Data comes in!